Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Don’t judge a book by its cover

I never thought the term of “Don’t judge a book by its cover” would match the situation in my real life, until now. I have misjudged someone’s character. I have pictured that those people as a cruel and unfriendly people, but it turns out that they’re a bunch of really nice people. I guess the term of “You wouldn’t love it if you didn’t know it” is true after all. I’ve known them for almost a year; we hardly ever spoke and hanged out together. It was like there was a gap between us. But that night, I saw them like never before. They were really supportive and understanding, trying to compromise to the situation I was facing and making an effort of it. Even though we weren’t friends and they had the choice of being an I-don’t-want-to-know-your-problem kind of person but they didn’t, they choose to listen and trying to fix the problem.

On the other hand, the one I thought was my friend and someone I could trust was being a cold and bossy person after all. The person was the one who has been keeping a gap and a distance of being a friend.

When I think about it further, we have the rights to choose what kind of person we would like to be. We could be the one who mingle, understanding and warm hearted or someone who was an opposite of it. One thing I learn, never judge a person from their appearance or the “mask” they were showing. Take sometime, get to know them and after that you could decide whether to love them or hate them.


Ooops.. I’m trusting people again, it won’t take long to be broken hearted again :(