Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Making things better

Ok, here’s the thing, I’ve just got back from the campus, to attend a new student’s orientation. I wasn’t there for no reason, I was called on Monday evening by one of the class of 2003’s student to be one of the speaker on the orientation. They wanted me to tell the freshmen about my study experience in the university and stuff. For some people it might sound like crappy-cheesy-unimportant kind of thing, but for me it was an honor and it was sweet of them to give me such opportunity. I saw it as a chance to make a different on their lives; I mean at least I’ll be able to warn them of things I regretted now. I really hope that they could learn from my mistake.

It kinda reminds me when I was their age, naïve and confused about all of the university’s stuff. About not knowing what I wanted to be and what should I do to reach my goals, when I was their age, no one ever tell me what to do and how to do it. I know it might sound immature to be always told what to do, I didn’t mean it that way, but at least everyone has the right to be warned of danger or success that might come upon them as a consequences of things they did, right?

Hopefully, that was what I was doing; I want them to be better than me. I want them to be special; I want them to be smarter in every way. I told them not to make mistake as I did, hopefully some of my talks were really into their hearts and mind. I am relieved now; at least some people didn’t have to go through what I’ve been through :) Yippiiiy… I hope that somehow, I have helped to make things better…