Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Who's to know?

Last night, when I still felt sad about Isma's father news, another sad news came. Father of Ira, a friend from elementary school was dead. Two sad news in one night.

Ira and I was once close friend when we were in elementary school. We joined the school's paskibra as our extra activity. It was when I was in 4th grade. I used to go to her house after school. I had lunch, afternoon nap and take a bath before going to the paskibra's practice at 3.00 PM at school. Her family was nothing but generous and kind to me. Unfortunately, we weren't as close as we used to be when we reached junior high. However, I still consider our relationship as good friends.

Two sad news in one night. Both related to issue that beyond control of any human. I received the news about Isma's father and news about Ira's father an hour later. An hour that made a difference. What will happen in the next month... days... hour... minutes... next second? It could be my parents or even myself... Death is a definite thing, the most certain thing in this uncertain life. In the end, who's to know, when the time has come around?