Thursday, January 11, 2007

Me & Dogs

I never knew why, I think I have a bad relationship with animals, especially dogs. This bad relationship begins when I was at a very young age; I think it was when I was in elementary school. As I wrote in my previous posts, I live in the neighborhood where my neighbors are my families. So practically I grew up with them and spent most of my childhood with them. When I was a child, all of my cousins had a dog as a pet. Adit & Arya had a big dog named “Kora”, Ali & Aca had a can-not-grow-any-taller kind of dog named “Baba” and Mas Abi & De Nia had a furry dog which I can’t remember the name. Although I never succeed building a good relationship with any of them but I never had a significant problem with them. I never disturb them so they pretend that I didn’t exist ;)

My first problem with dogs was when I and my cousins went to our friend’s house in the real estate next to our living area. When we arrived in front of our friend’s house, we began to calling out our friend’s name. As we called out his name, a small dog which was the pet of our friend’s neighbor began to bark. At first, we ignored the barking as we saw that the dog was pretty small and the gate of the house was (look like it was) locked. Then we began to calling out our friend’s name again. It was the biggest mistake. We concentrated at calling out our friend’s name and totally forgot about the dog when suddenly we realized that the dog was already outside the house, which means right beside us! Huwhuhauhaua we were panic as the dog turns out to be very vicious. We began to scream and run for our lives. At that time, I realized that my cousins were better runners then me, I was left behind, but I kept running until I got to a three junction and my cousins was already made their turns. Panic I was, not thinking much, I was confused which way to go, should I turn right or take the left instead. As I couldn’t think of anything further my feet went straight ahead. Feeling cornered by the dog with no way out, I jumped inside a gutter. Luckily, the gutter was quite deep, dry and it was very clean; the dog never finds the courage to jump in with me. It keeps barking on the edge of the gutter while I didn’t dare to look up to see the dog. I stayed silent inside the gutter. After a while, the barking ends, and I began to hear my cousin’s voice. I got out of my hiding place. It was the most horror moments for me. It was when I knew, dogs hate me.

After that horrible moment I never wanted to get near a dog anymore and I surely didn’t underestimate them again whatever their size are. Yesterday when I was at my aunt’s house – she has two big dogs -. I hid at the bath room for 15 minutes just to avoid them. It was as if they knew I was scared whenever they were near, and the more I fear them, the more they tease me