Friday, February 09, 2007

Terror through cellphones

My best friend texted me last night, she said she was being terror by someone through her cellphone. She said this person keep sending her text messages with really awful words and accusing her for something she didn’t do and someone she wasn’t. This person really annoys her, I knew exactly how it felt, been there. So when she asked how she could know about the person that’s been terrorizing her, I told her what I knew.

This case wasn’t the first time. Familiar cases have taken my close friends as victims too. There were at least four cases that happen to my close friends. One finally succeeds in knowing who has been terrorizing her. So last night, I told my dearest friend how to know personal information about the terrorist. Although I must say paths to finally found out was quite complicated and rough, and she will be lucky enough if the terrorist has really sign up his/her really name and id’s. So I was thinking to post this, who knows it might happen to other people out there. But you might want to change your cellphone number instead, for the easiest way :P

Here are things you must do to know information about your terrorist.
  1. First of all, do not delete the insult sms. Keep them for proof; you will need it to make a police report.
  2. Go to the police’s office nearby and show them those sms. They might be uneasy to handle as they will asked you questions and you might feel cornered cause they thought you behaved really like what’s in your sms. Be patient, just ignore them and asked them to make a report letter telling you’ve been personally insulted and terrorized and you need a legal letter for the cellphone’s number provider, so that the provider could give you detail information about who owns that terrorist number.
  3. Go to the cellphone’s network provider, show them your legal letter and they will give you information about who owns the terrorist number. If you were lucky, you got a real name. If you weren’t, you might as well get “Fulan bin Fulan” as the identity.
You might wonder how the provider’s know information about the owner of certain number; remember the new regulation from the MenKomInfo a couple of months ago? Yes, that’s what I’m talking about. Let’s hope that persons who registered their numbers really registered their REAL name and ids, not a hoax. This is another issue I was thinking when I first heard about the regulation. I though registering name and id’s for a number was useless unless the provider had a internal agreement and integrated system with police and office that responsible for issuing personal id’s (KTP), but that’s totally different issue. I will post it in another post.

So; good luck for you who have been terrorized all this time. I hope this might help. Happy hunting ;)